- To check his/her current handicap and ensure it is correctly recorded on the card issued to him/her by the Committee (or starter designated).
- To play off his/her current handicap, on pain of disqualification if he/she plays off a higher one.
- To check his/her score for each hole (Rule 6-6B).
- To settle doubtful points with the Committee.
- To ensure that the Marker has signed the card.
- To countersign the card himself/herself.
- To return the card to the Committee as soon as possible.
- To put his/her golf link number on his/her score card.
- To check the score with the Players after each hole (Rule 6-6A), including any penalty strokes.
- To record the gross score taken by the Player for each hole.
- To sign the card and hand it to the Player on the completion of the round.