Competition Days for Women
Monday 9 Hole/18 Competition
- Entry $3
- Times 12.45pm shotgun start unless otherwise stated. Names on list by 12.15pm . Tee assignments at 12.30pm .
- Players Overall competition must have at least 6 players with at least 6 players in each grade. Insufficient numbers in any grade means combining with the next grade, with only one winner.
- A Grade
- B Grade
- C Grade
- Putting Overall or Nearest the Pin – Grades
Monday Club Handicap (9 holes )
The Monday handicap is half the WGV handicap on the day of play.The Match Committee reserves the right to alter any of these conditions.
Thursday 18 Hole/9 Competition
- Entry $5
- Times 10am shotgun start , unless otherwise stated. Names on list by 9.30am . Tee assignment 9.45am . Players to be ready to leave the clubhouse 15 minutes before hit off time. Latecomers will be penalised 2 strokes.
- Players Overall competition must have 6 players with at least 6 players in each grade. If there are insufficient numbers in any one or more of the grades, grades will be re-organised for the day, and trophies awarded accordingly.
- A Grade Best Nett – Best putting and/or Nearest the Pin
- B Grade Best Nett – Best Putting and/or Nearest the Pin
- C Grade Best Nett – Best Putting and/or Nearest the Pin
Par and Stableford Rounds
- A Grade Winner plus Nearest the Pin
- B Grade Winner plus Nearest the Pin
- C Grade Winner plus Nearest the Pin
- Winning Partners – Putting (overall) and/or Nearest the Pin Countback for Next Best.
- Aggregate 3 week event played on 3 consecutive Thursdays. One grade only.
- Entry $2
- Winner and Runner-Up win trophies.
- To be eligible players must have WGV handicap.
- All players are eligible to win daily events.
Abbreviations Used in Women’s Competitions
|MMB||Mona McLeod Brooch|
|N/P||Nominate and Play|
|N/D||Nominate and Draw|
Duties for Rostered Women
The Captain, or her substitute, will be at the clubhouse to help.
Please arrive at the clubhouse one hour before hit off time or 30 minutes early on timesheet days.
- Put out Course Closed signs as soon as you arrive.
- Bring out competition book, cards, pens, envelopes, box and name board
- Rule up whiteboard suitable for the game of the day on THURSDAYS.
- Bring in list from notice board and put new list out.
- Do draw half an hour before hit off time.
- Write on trophy cards.
- Enter scores in book and check best cards . Check Handicaps are correct.
- Record winners in book.
- Remove “Course Closed” signs.
- Make a list of winners for Newssheet and place back in the folder in the draw.
- Complete trophy cards.
- Write scores on Whiteboard on THURSDAY only.
- Put competition book, etc away.
- Please enter weather conditions in competition book with any other interesting points for the records.
- If the treasurer has not collected the competition money, leave the money in the locked drawer in the women’s room. Make sure the date is on each envelope.
- Thursdays – ring results through to AAP (number is near the office phone). Save all cards for the Handicapper.
Draw for Thursday
- Stroke Rounds: Drawn in 3 grades if sufficient numbers.
- Par and Stableford: Draw in mixed grades.
- Foursomes Nominate and Play: Draw for groups.
- Foursomes Drawn Partners: Divide into two grades, draw partners, one from each Grade and then draw for groups.
- If more than 30 players draw in 4’s & 3’s, otherwise 3’s & 4’s.
- When 4’s & 3’s, place 3’s off with space in front of them eg 3rd, 5th, 7th and 1st (if no one off 2nd tee).
Draw for Monday
Drawn in mixed grades and apply numbers 5 and 6 above.
Trophies to be given out
|A Grade||0 – 25|
|B Grade||26 – 38|
|C Grade||39 – 45|
Grades are subject to Change.